Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter at the Kennedy Space Center


Picture of the Day for 4/24/2011 - I promised my friend Aurora and her gammer (i.e., grandmother) that they would be the featured picture of the day. We met at the Kennedy Space Center this morning where we went on a tour that took us within a mile of the launch pad where the space shuttle Endeavor (pictured below) is waiting to launch in a few days.


Since I don't want to be left out of the action, below is a picture of me with the space shuttle in the background.


On the return trip to the visitor's center complex, we saw some bald eagles in residence in their very large nest.


We attended a lecture by Wendy Lawrence, a former space shuttle astronaut who is only four years older than I am and infinitely more accomplished than I will ever be, dang her. I had actually never heard of Lawrence before, but I'm glad I attended her lecture since she had some very interesting stories to tell.


Apparently while I was enjoying a very lovely day at the Kennedy Space Center, I missed out on a Mr. Rochester (as in Edward Rochester from the Victorian-era novel Jane Eyre) bunny cake that was served at my sister's house for Easter dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment