Friday, July 9, 2010

White Clothing is a Bad Idea


Picture of the Day for 7/6/2010. The weather in California this past weekend was rather chilly so I ended up buying an inexpensive jacket at Target. I had a choice between the white jacket pictured above and a dark gray jacket. Foolishly, I chose the white option. I say "foolishly" because for me, the universe views clean, pristine clothing as a canvas just waiting to be painted with swathes of dirt and spilled food. The universe did not disappoint. I discovered I had gotten mud on the cuff of my jacket while attending the "Shakespeare by the Sea" production of Julius Caesar last Saturday. Really? How does one manage to get muddy while attending a Shakespeare play? The next day at Laguna Beach, Corinne and I snuck off to get ice cream cones. I was doing well until the very last bite when the cone crumbled and spewed melted chocolate ice cream all over the front of my blouse and down my arms. Since I didn't have a napkin handy and I figured the jacket was a lost cause anyway, I used it to clean myself up. Poor white jacket.

No comments:

Post a Comment