Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Paul McCartney


Pictures of the Day for 7/13/2010. I attended the Paul McCartney concert and OHMYGOSH I can say without a doubt it is the best concert I have ever attended in my life- and I've been to plenty of concerts. He is a stunning musician, singer, and entertainer. He performed for three hours straight without a break- pretty amazing for a 68-year old. I was in awe that I was seeing a musical icon perform live. The experience was definitely worth every penny.




My blog entry is going to reflect the fact the I'm still in the incoherent and euphoric "I can't believe I saw Paul McCartney" stage. Below are some random thoughts/observations about the concert:

McCartney was very charming. He was amused by the sign some woman was holding that said "Paul, You're in Utah, Marry Us."


This was his first time performing in Utah.


McCartney looks great! He's just as slender (and handsome) as he was during the Beatles era.

My favorite moment was when McCartney and his band sang "Live and Let Die" (one of my favorite songs) accompanied by a flashy fireworks/pyrotechnics show. I had a stupid silly grin on my face the whole time.


This concert marked the 200th show for McCartney and his current band.


He sang a lot of Beatles songs. Everyone in the crowd sang along.
(Speaking of the crowd- below is a picture of the audience.)


McCartney would change guitars for almost every song; he joked that he was doing it just to show off. He pointed out that one of the guitars was one he played during his Beatles days and another one was a ukulele that George Harrison had given him.


It was fun watching the crowd which literally spanned generations. There was an older couple behind us who were clearly reformed hippies. They were rocking out (and getting a little sloshed) much to the mortification of their adult daughter


I saw a lot of bad dancing. The most egregious crimes against dancing were committed by the couple in the picture below who resolutely refused to sit down during any part of the concert. The woman kept on doing the raised "gospel" arms until the man behind her told her to cut it out since no one could see past her.

2 comments:

  1. I am so beyond jealous of you going to this concert. He is fantastic!! Glad you had such a good time!! Miss you dear auntie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. meh, paul mccartney...big deal. i don't care....AARRRGGGHHHH!!! I sooooo care!!! I got to stay home and be sick! on top of already not having the money....this sucks..you suck.....insanely cute shoes and paul....I'm afraid I cannot allow this...you must be dealt with...

    ReplyDelete