Friday, July 9, 2010

Booby Flay

Pictures of the Day for 7/5/2010. If my niece Corinne stumbles across this blog entry, she's going to kill me for how I titled it. She has a flaming crush on Bobby Flay, a very famous chef and restaurateur from the Food Network. He's quite attractive, but Corinne's friends and family like to tease her about how Bobby has man boobs, hence the title of this blog entry, "Booby Flay." One of the restaurants he owns is the Mesa Grill located in Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas. One of the major agenda items for this trip was to eat at the Mesa Grill on our way home to Salt Lake City from Los Angeles. Our goal was to arrive at the restaurant before 2:30 before the menu switched to the much more expensive dinner prices. It was a little touch and go, and after much trial and tribulation, we arrived precisely at 2:30. Whew.


A good time and fine eating experience was had by all.


On the way into the restaurant, I noticed some Lord of the Rings slot machines. As soon as I laid eyes on those, it became imperative that I play those slot machines before our departure. Sadly, I didn't get my wish because those slot machines were a big draw to nerdy gamblers everywhere. I couldn't get close to them.

On a final random note, I should mention that my friend Karl turned 40 today. Forty!! Karl and I met 18 years ago while working in Yellowstone. I was 27 and he was 22 years old. I can't believe so much time has passed.

No comments:

Post a Comment