Friday, July 9, 2010

July 4th on the Beach

Pictures of the Day for 7/4/2010. Today was beach day. We spent the majority of it at Laguna Beach which was really crowded- not surprising given the holiday. It's been 25 years since I've been there and it's just as pretty as I remembered. I love how you have to drive through a canyon to reach the beach.

I didn't bring a swimsuit so the most I was able to do was wade into the water. Corinne and the ocean have a hostile relationship so she remained firmly planted in her beach chair. Kellie and Renee, on the other hand, braved the choppy ocean to go boogie boarding. Below is a picture.


After we had thoroughly "done" Laguna Beach (lounging in beach chairs, shopping in the cute little shops, eating lunch), we headed up toward Marina del Ray to watch the fireworks. I'm not sure what's up with Marina del Ray, but the place is overrun with hordes of annoying bicyclists. Dodging them turned out to be a real trick. They were so irritating that you kind of stopped wanting to dodge them...

In order to have any hope of parking, we ended up arriving two hours early. Below is a picture of the park where people congregated to watch the fireworks.


Renee, Corinne, and Kellie waiting for the fireworks to begin. Sadly, I wasn't good company for them. I'm in the middle of reading Stieg Larsson's Millennium trilogy which is quite the page turner. I had my nose in the book the whole time we were waiting.


Pictures of the fireworks.





No comments:

Post a Comment