Sunday, February 7, 2010

Prepared to be Patriotic


Picture of the Day for 2/6/2010. A few months ago I moved into my parents' home to be the caretaker of the property while my dad is residing in an assisted living facility (my mother passed away eight months ago today). I moved in on top of 60 years' worth of their possessions. An outrageous amount of possessions since my parents, typical of their generation, never threw anything away. Digging my way out of their stuff in order to make room for my things has been a cross between a treasure hunt and an archaeological dig. Some items I could have lived my whole life without encountering (i.e., my mother's diaphragm). Other items delight me, like this "in your face" patriotic scarf I discovered today while I was clearing out my mother's closet. I also found some red/white/blue earrings to match. I was especially glad to stumble across the earrings since I remember my mother wearing them when I was a child. I have grand plans to wear these accessories on July 4th this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment