Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I Wish I Had a Better Picture of Neil Armstrong


Picture of the Day for 2/16/2010. I have a new camera! It was definitely time for a change. My old camera and I had a long and intense relationship for several years. It went everywhere I went, tucked away in my purse, ready to snap a picture of anything noteworthy that crossed its path. On the surface, everything appeared to be fine between us, but I can tell you the exact day I decided to break up with my camera - Saturday, November 7, 2009. I was attending a banquet where one of the guest speakers was Neil Armstrong, the first man to walk on the moon. A once in a lifetime opportunity given how reclusive he is. Even though I wasn't seated too far away from the podium, the following picture is the best my camera could do.

Would you be able to tell this is Neil Armstrong if I hadn't identified him for you? Yeah, I didn't think so. While I had to settle for this indistinct image of Armstrong, my banquet companions were able to take pictures from my same vantage point that made it seem they were standing right next to the man. I was bitter. After this disappointing event, the camera began mysteriously slipping out of my hands and dropping to the floor. It survived a few of these incidents, but eventually one of the falls broke a vital component, leaving me free to pursue a relationship with another camera.

1 comment:

  1. can't wait to see a the difference in quality. We'll have to take a picture in my house tonight.

    ReplyDelete