Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My Nemesis - The Garbage Can


Picture of the Day for 2/9/2010. This is my garbage can. It hasn't seen a lot of use lately. Allow me to make the disclaimer that it's not due to deep-seated mental health "issues" that render me unwilling and unable to throw away trash. I'm not a hoarder. In fact, I would love nothing more than to have my garbage disposed of. Trash pick-up in my neighborhood is on Tuesday mornings. I usually forget to take out the trash on Monday evenings so I swear that I'm going to wake up early on Tuesday mornings to move the garbage can out to the street. Problem is, I always hear the garbage truck out on the street right as I'm about to go outside. Today was no exception. Normally I would applaud municipal employees who demonstrate efficiency and zeal for their jobs, but really, do they have to pick up the trash in the wee hours of the morning while it's still dark outside?

No comments:

Post a Comment