Sunday, February 7, 2010

Fun with Finances


Picture of the Day for 2/7/2010. Tonight I faced the grim realization that I had procrastinated long enough and needed to spend quality time working on finances- mine and my Dad's (I have been managing his finances for the past few years). I approach this task by grouping the documents by the following categories:

1. Papers that need to be thrown away (i.e., empty envelopes, junk mail).

2. Papers that need to be shredded.

3. My Dad's bills or items that need to paid/addressed.

4.
My bills or items that need to paid/addressed.

5. My Dad's documents that need to be filed.

6. My documents that need to be filed.

7. My Dad's magazines.

8. My magazines.

9. Tax documents.

10. Catalogs and coupons.

Whew- that's a lot of piles.

I estimate I spent four hours this evening working on finances instead of watching the Superbowl. Given a choice between the two activities, I would always choose working on finances, hands down.

No comments:

Post a Comment