Friday, February 12, 2010

1963 Was a Very Good Year


Picture of the Day for 2/12/2010. I worked on clearing out the last of my mother's things from her bedroom today. I came across her desk calendar from 1963 which documents many important milestones from my first year of life- gifts I received when I was born, weight/height at various well-baby visits, when I rolled over, when I sat up unassisted for the first time. I particularly liked the diagrams she drew of my teeth as they came in. Apparently, my first name didn't get much use that first year as I'm generally referred to as "baby." The entry shown above indicates that as of January 28, 1963, I weighed 8-1/2 pounds and I smiled for the first time. Too cute!

2 comments:

  1. What a great treasure Grandma kept for you!! That is so sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it interesting how mother's handwriting never changed? I'm sure you will treasure this book. Mother's probably happy you found it.

    ReplyDelete