Saturday, May 24, 2014

Tacky Gift Shop Trail

Picture of the Day for 5/24/2014. U.S. Highway 192 which runs east-west through the Disney World area could be renamed the Tacky Gift Shop Trail.

We've been following this trail for the past few nights. It started off with the world's largest orange.


Then we tried the mermaid shop. It doesn't claim to be the world's largest mermaid, but I suspect it is. If you have knowledge of a larger mermaid, please let me know.


Our tour of tacky gift shops culminated tonight at this uber patriotic place.


I wanted to visit the world's largest wizard gift shop, but my sister Robynne and niece Rachel gave out on me. I don't blame them. Despite all these various shops' attempts to lure you in with their wild exteriors, they all basically have the same Disney-themed and Florida-themed and alligator-themed merchandise. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that just one person owns all of the shops lining this route.

No comments:

Post a Comment