Friday, May 2, 2014

Crappy Christmas Decorations

Picture of the day for 5/2/2104. I was at a consignment shop a couple of days ago when I purchased this sugar and creamer set. As I was checking out, I asked the owner when would be a good time to bring in some Christmas items to consign as I'm planning on going through my very extensive Christmas decoration collection and weeding it out a bit. I just wanted to know when people started buying Christmas decorations from her shop, but instead I was subjected to a long tirade about how most people think their Christmas decorations are great, but they are mostly crap and don't even get her started on painted wooden decorations which are so passé. This wasn't a general observation- it was a warning for me not to bring her crap which obviously in her estimation I was likely to do. I mean she went on and on about it. I was rather offended- mostly because she thought I would clearly be one of those offenders. What? Do I have a sign around my neck that says "Tacky Christmas Decoration Owner/Collector"? If I had been quicker on my feet I would have asked her if someone who is buying Royal Windsor fine china (see picture) would be likely to have tacky Christmas decorations. 


No comments:

Post a Comment