Sunday, May 11, 2014

Buzz Aldrin Autograph

Picture of the Day for 5/11/2014. I blogged last November about how a friend of mine's late father used to work for North American Aviation during the Apollo space era. He had a stack of artists' renderings of the Apollo capsule, the lunar module, and the Saturn rockets that she gave to me since she knew I would appreciate having them. As Buzz Aldrin's helper at Spacefest 6, I was allowed to get one thing signed as a "thank you" so I chose this picture of the capsule ablaze as it re-enters earth's atmosphere. I think it's cool that after nearly 50 years of being in a basement, one of these pictures got signed by an Apollo astronaut. I also love where Buzz chose to sign this. Even though it was the end of a long day and I was "just" a volunteer, he was very thoughtful about where he should place his signature.




No comments:

Post a Comment