Tuesday, May 27, 2014

MacArthur Beach State Park

Picture of the Day for 5/27/2014. I'm always amazed at the endless number of state parks and natural areas in Florida. I haven't begun to see them all so I always like to see one or two new places whenever I visit the state. Today it was the MacArthur Beach State Park in North Palm Beach.

You have to traverse a loooooong boardwalk to get to the beach.
 

Once you finally get to the beach, the view is beautiful.

I'm fascinated by the native birds in Florida. Below are pictures of an ibis and a baby blue heron. 

Once it was time to walk back across the boardwalk, I wasn't sure I could do it since I was overheated and exhausted. Apparently, lots of people need rescuing since there's a little shuttle that takes weary visitors back to the parking lot. I could have kissed this park ranger when he stopped to let me board.

No comments:

Post a Comment