Monday, May 12, 2014

Ronald Reagan Presidential Library

Picture of the Day for 5/12/2014. I drove up to the Simi Valley to visit the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library. It was fabulous! I loved all the historical artifacts and the setting was beautiful. I had always wanted to visit the library, but I've never been able to convince anyone to go see it with me. I'm kind of glad I ended up just visiting it by myself as I was able to spend hours there slowly going through every exhibit. 

I thought this letter Reagan wrote to Nancy was very sweet.

I loved all the personal items that were on display, especially the clothing. These are their Inauguration Day outfits from 1981.


Here are some of Nancy's gowns. The grey suit was her wedding outfit.




Here is a re-creation of the Oval Office as it looked during Reagan's tenure.


Air Force One was on display in a large hangar. You could walk through the plane, but pictures of the interior were not allowed. 








Air Force One actually is an Air Force plane. It has the US Air Force logo/insignia on the underside of one wing. 


I got a kick out of Reagan's "state of the art" limo. It looks pretty clunky now.






The view of the valley from the hangar was beautiful.
 
 Here are some pictures of the grounds/exterior of the library. 


No comments:

Post a Comment