Thursday, November 17, 2011

A Day in the Everglades - Part 2 - Miccosukee Indian Village


11/10/2011. After the air boat ride (see previous blog entry), I explored the Miccosukee Indian Village.

I arrived just in time to see an alligator show. I texted pictures of all the alligators to my niece Corinne to torment her (like a good auntie should do) since her worst nightmare is anything swamp-related. The alligator pictured above is about 35 years old.

Danger.



An unwilling participant in the show.



After the show I got to hold a tiny alligator. It looks like a baby, but it's over 2 years old.


The Miccosukee thatched roof dwellings are called "chickees."



Things to see along the boardwalk.







Traditional Miccosukee clothing.


The Everglades are loud! The place is teeming with birds who seem to chatter non-stop. Check out the following videos.


No comments:

Post a Comment