Friday, November 25, 2011

THE Duet


Picture of the Day for 11/24/2011. Per my niece Corinne's request, the post-Thanksgiving dinner entertainment was THE duet- as performed by myself (top-hand) and my sister Paula (bottom-hand). This piano piece has such an infamous history in our family that "THE duet" is a sufficient identifier. It's a wild ride- both for the audience and the performers. The music is very difficult, moves at a swift pace, and is all over the keyboard. Also, as we reach the end of each page, I toss the page into the air with a flourish. Paula and I have been playing THE duet for approximately 30 years and have gotten progressively worse due to worsening eyesight and lack of practice. Words fail to describe how horribly we play which I guess is part of the charm of the experience. Tonight was our worst performance ever and that's saying something. Or, as Corinne might say, it was epic!

No comments:

Post a Comment