Saturday, August 28, 2010

Yes, I'm Nearsighted


Picture of the Day for 8/26/2010. I've gotten in the habit lately of wearing my glasses instead of my contacts. When I do that, I'll frequently push my glasses to the end of my nose and hold whatever I'm looking at (i.e., iPhone, book, etc.) right up in front of my eyes. This is not because I can't see otherwise, but because I'm so nearsighted that my eyes act like magnifying lenses. I LIKE all of the details my eyes pick up that way (translation - I'm uninterested in corrective eye surgery). This habit of mine generates a whole LOT of feedback from family and friends who find this amusing and/or alarming. Within the last 24 hours, no less than four people commented on (i.e., mocked) my peculiar practice. I decided that was sufficient to warrant a blog entry about the subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment