Monday, August 16, 2010

Mad Men Bandwagon


Picture of the Day for 8/13/2010. This blog entry is dedicated to my friend Aurora who recommended I give the "Mad Men" TV series a try. The show is currently in its 4th season, but I had never watched a single episode until last week. Now I'm completely obsessed. For the uninitiated, the show is set in 1960s New York and focuses on the careers and lives of the employees of a Madison Avenue advertising agency. Not only are the stories compelling, but my shallow side loves seeing the costumes, especially the women's outfits which I would love to wear (minus the girdles, of course).

4 comments:

  1. aurora who is super coolAugust 16, 2010 at 10:02 PM

    yahooooooooooooooooo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word! That was a quick response! I just barely posted this entry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i didn't even notice! i must secretly have mad men radar. :) it's SUCH a good show!! the cool thing is that since you are starting from the beginning you can get all caught up pretty quickly and don't have to deal with the excruciating wait from week to week like i've had to deal with the last few years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh and you need to see these!

    http://shop.amctv.com/categories/9392-mad-men-barbie-dolls

    ReplyDelete