Monday, August 16, 2010

Walking Buddy


Pictures of the Day for 8/16/2010. Ever since my surgery, I've been having a horrible time sleeping at night. That's because I'm not really tired after spending the whole day lounging on the couch. Also, the nightmares don't help (but that's a whole different story). In an effort to wear myself out a little bit, I took a walk around the neighborhood tonight. This is the first time I've taken a walk someplace other than my gym in years. I was struck by the following sensations:

-Fresh air on my face

-The sound of birds chirping

-The smell of grass and flowers

This was all very weird. Thankfully, I had my iPhone in hand so I wasn't entirely overcome by the natural world. Whew.

I was near the end of my street when I noticed an unleashed dog who was taking a very clear interest in my presence. When she started to bark, I turned around and started walking the other way just to be safe. This did not deter the dog who ended up being my walking buddy. She frolicked around me for the rest of my excursion, following me wherever I went. She even tried her hardest to come inside the house. She clearly belongs to someone else; otherwise, I might have invited her in and adopted her.

1 comment: