Saturday, September 6, 2014

Turning Into My Mother

Picture of the Day for 9/6/2014. I think we realize at some point we'll inevitably turn into our parents. Same expressions. Same mannerisms. 

Fair enough. I just didn't think I'd be turning into the elderly version of my mother quite so soon. 

I grabbed lunch today at a little cafe where my mother and I enjoyed eating when she was alive. I ordered ham on rye bread, just half a sandwich mind you like my mother would have ordered. 

I cut my half sandwich in half like my mother would have done. My hands are tiny like my mother's so the scene in front of me looked just like my mother performing that action, so much so that I was actually startled.

Oh man, I loved my mother, but I'm not ready to act like the 80-year-old version of her!

No comments:

Post a Comment