Thursday, September 11, 2014

Life Goes On...

Picture of the Day for 9/11/2014. I was just fittin to blog about the very mundane topic of road work. My street will be closed for re-paving tomorrow and I'll have to find somewhere else to park if I want to be able to use my car. Then I realized it's the 13th anniversary of 9/11. The fact that finding another place to park was my biggest concern of the day struck me as an example of how life sure does go on. 

I remember 13 years ago today that I was glued to the television in the early morning and then internet at work. We received regular updates from our employer as there were about 300 employees who worked at the one of the towers and were lost that day. I had spoken to one of them the day before- a man who worked in the travel center. He and I had spoken about my business travel planned for Tuesday, September 12. It was haunting to think that the man I had spoken with and joked around with less than 24 hours previously was gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment