Monday, September 15, 2014

Book List Challenge

Picture of the Day for 9/15/2014. I was recently challenged on Facebook to make a quick list of 10 books that have influenced me in some way. Here's the list I posted:


1-Lord of the Rings Trilogy by Tolkien

2-Angle of Repose by Wallace Stegner

3-Mara, Daughter of the Nile by Eloise Jarvis McGraw

4-The Egypt Game by Zilpha Keatley Snyder

5-A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle

6-The Tony Hillerman Chee and Leaphorn novels

7-Ceremony by Leslie Marmon Silko

8-The Way to Rainy Mountain by N. Scott Momaday

9-Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte

10-Persuasion by Jane Austen

I was limited to 10 books on Facebook, but I'm not limited on my very own blog so I will just add a few more books:
11-The Outlander novels by Diana Gabaldon
12-The Lost Queen of Egypt by Lucile Morrison
13-The Mirror of Her Dreams/A Man Rides Through by Stephen Donaldson
14-The Spellman File books by Lisa Lutz (because they make me laugh out loud)
15. Little House on the Prairie books by Laura Ingalls Wilder

I kept an eye on the library sales table at my local library and I was lucky enough to find the actual hard copy of Mara, Daughter of the Nile book I had read as a child. This is a treasured possession.

No comments:

Post a Comment