Thursday, September 25, 2014

So Weird It's Disorienting

Picture of the Day for 9/25/2014. It's been a weird day. I received a clown nose in a kids meal I ordered at lunch so of course I had to put it on. I startled a young boy who was passing by my table. 

Tonight we (sister Paula, niece Chantal, great-niece Sadie) accompanied my great-niece Hayley for an evening out for dinner and then shopping at the mall so she could use the gift cards she received for her birthday last week. While we were at dinner, Sadie asked me how weird she was. I told her she was the weirdest girl in the entire universe. Sadie has a wonderful sense of humor so my response delighted her. That started a string of "you're so weird" insults we hurled at each other. Our waitress cracked up when she overheard me telling Sadie that she was an example to weird people everywhere. Before we all parted company at the end of the evening, I asked the girls to do a really weird pose so I could take a really weird picture. I'd say that they delivered on my request admirably. Hayley's final observation about the evening was that it had been so weird it was disorienting. I've been laughing over that statement ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment