Friday, March 9, 2012

Sleuthfest 2012 - Day 2


Picture of the Day for 3/3/2012. The first session I attended today was "Laugh if You Must." The panelists, Deborah Sharp, Donna Andrews, Elaine Viets, and Joelle Charbonneau, addressed how to incorporate humor into your writing. These authors were perfect for this topic as they conducted a very amusing discussion which ultimately digressed to "bad Girl Scout" stories. The "bad" applied to both their conduct and their experiences. I won't name names, but one of the panelists admitted to getting kicked out of the Girl Scouts for smoking and wearing her skirt too short. Nicely done!

Today's featured guest speaker/author was Charlaine Harris- author of the Sookie Stackhouse novels (upon which the HBO series True Blood is based). I'm pictured with her below. She's a kick. I attended an informal Q&A session she hosted after the day's workshops and I think I was responsible for about 99.9% of the questions asked. I was like an overeager schoolgirl who kept raising her hand.


Heather Graham, one of the authors in attendance at Sleuthfest, hosted a catered party at the House of Blues in Downtown Disney where her band, The Slush Pile, performed. It was a great party! The highlight of the evening for me was when the band played the True Blood theme song while Charlaine Harris was in attendance. Below are some rather blurry pictures from the evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment