Monday, March 26, 2012

Bonneville Point


Picture of the Day for 3/25/2012. On the way back to Salt Lake City today, my friend Suzanne and I made a detour to Bonneville Point- a spot along the historic Oregon Trail approximately 10 miles east of Boise, ID. While there, we learned there is a scenic* byway that follows the Oregon Trail for approximately 100 miles. The route begins in Glenns Ferry (approximately 75 miles southeast of Boise) and ends at Bonneville Point. As inveterate road-trippers, we soooooo want to drive along this byway someday soon.


*I suspect "scenic" means a largely unpaved road.

Check out this paw print we saw at Bonneville Point. Wouldn't want to run into the creature that made this print. Whatever it was, it had claws. Eek.


And to end on a totally random note, I'm including a picture of a stand of uniformly-spaced trees we saw somewhere in the middle of Idaho. Couldn't tell you exactly where. I just like this image.

No comments:

Post a Comment