Thursday, March 29, 2012

NorthFront LaunchUp Event for Entrepreneurs


Picture of the Day for 3/28/2012. Over the course of my job search, enough people have asked me "why don't you start your own company?" that I've begun to take the idea somewhat seriously. Towards that end, I attended a NorthFront* LaunchUp bi-monthly meeting that is geared for "entrepreneurs, aspiring entrepreneurs, startup junkies, cool people, miscreants, and the occasional lost dog." (Currently, I suspect I fall into the miscreant category.) The event featured several business owners who provided information about their companies along with advice for people hoping to start a business of their own. It was very helpful and interesting. Now all I need to do is come up with a million dollar idea. Any suggestions are welcome.

*"
The NorthFront Alliance is an Entrepreneur Association in Northern Utah. It's purpose is to bring entrepreneurs together to learn, network, share ideas, find needed resources, and to recognize accomplishments among the group. The goal is to foster and promote entrepreneurism in Northern Utah. There are approximately 1200 members of the alliance."

No comments:

Post a Comment