Sunday, March 11, 2012

Billie Swamp Safari


Picture of the Day for 3/5/2012. I spent the day at the Billie Swamp Safari on the Big Cypress Seminole Reservation in the heart of the Everglades. Have I mentioned how much I adore the Everglades?

I went on an AIR BOAT RIDE...










...and a SWAMP BUGGY RIDE.



The tour guide stopped the buggy, got out, and looked for dog fennel (a natural mosquito repellent) in response to my question about how the Seminoles dealt with the mosquitoes "back in the day."


Along the trail, we saw a one-day old colt with his mother.




I attended a show hosted by Hans, the poisonous snake-handler. He showed us a huge Diamondback rattler they had found lurking in the parking lot. Eek.


And at this point my iPhone battery died so I was unable to take any more pictures of the day's adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment