Sunday, July 10, 2011

Valiant Air Command Warbird Museum


Picture of the Day for 7/9/2011. Spent the afternoon at the Valiant Air Command Warbird Museum in Titusville, FL (a few miles away from the Kennedy Space Center).


For $175, I could have hitched a ride in the "Tico Bell," a C-47 that flew in the WWll Normandy invasion. I'm sure it's very safe, but I passed.


Instead, I watched another patron get a ride in this T-28 (a training plane for pilots who go on to fly jets).







In honor of my father who served in the Navy in WWII, I snapped this photo of a Navy uniform.

3 comments:

  1. I totally have to go there! maybe in november??

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was quick! I just posted this blog entry. Sure- November would be great. We can hit up Al Crews to meet us there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. woohoo! i love al crews!

    ps. i've been stalking your blog to see your updates!!

    ReplyDelete