Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Holy Grail of Astronaut Pictures


Picture of the Day for 7/16/2011. I attended the National Aviation Hall of Fame annual enshrinement banquet solely in the hopes of getting my picture taken with Neil Armstrong who was there to present the award to Dorothy Kincheloe, widow of Iven Kincheloe, one of this year's enshrinees.

As you can see, I was successful. Sadly, I think this is a terrible picture of me (I look jowly and older than my years- an observation that will be germane to an upcoming blog entry). Also unfortunate is the fact that my camera accidentally got knocked off the proper setting so the photo came out a little blurry. Oh well. I accomplished my mission and the banquet and accompanying ceremony were lovely. I took over 50 pictures of the event, but I won't plague you with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment