Monday, April 21, 2014

Not Your "Normal" Easter Bunny Cake

Picture of the Day for 4/21/2014. Since there really wasn't a noteworthy topic for today's picture of the day, I'm falling back on a picture I took yesterday. Every year my sister Paula makes an Easter Bunny cake. Its earlier incarnations included pink-colored coconut for the ears and an assortment of Easter candy for the eyes, nose, and mouth. That's far too pedestrian for my nieces. They jazz it up now in the most unusual ways. A couple of years ago there was a Rochester bunny in honor of the novel Jane Eyre. "How does one make a Rochester cake?" you may be wondering. Why, by giving him 1840s-era sideburns of course. 

This year's cake depicts the horrific wedding massacre scene from the HBO series Game of Thrones. This bunny's throat has been slit and an eye poked out. Poor bunny!

I can't wait to see what my nieces come up with next year!


No comments:

Post a Comment