Monday, April 14, 2014

Letter from a Missionary

Picture of the Day for 4/14/2014. I received a letter from my nephew Rob who is serving an LDS mission in the Four Corners region of the country. Currently, he's stationed in Chinle, Arizona which has stunning red rock scenery, but not much else. According to Rob, the one fast food place in town was struck by lightening and boarded up afterwards since according to Navajo superstition, anything struck by lightening is considered to be cursed. 

"So what is so notable about this letter?" you might ask. People get letters from missionaries all the time. Rob has been faithful about sending out a mass email once a week to his email distribution list, but getting him to respond to emails has been next to impossible. I know he's been busy and I've been delighted he's having a fabulous time serving the Navajo people, but it's been a little frustrating. I believe his mother had a word with him. Something to the effect of, "you better write to your Aunt Michelle before she has a seizure." The word was effective because I received this very charming letter which I was delighted to receive. He asked if the letter was going make the blog. Duh!


No comments:

Post a Comment