Sunday, April 27, 2014

Letter to John Glenn

Picture of the Day for 4/27/2014. I actually wrote a bona fide letter to an astronaut/former U.S. senator. My first time ever doing that. I had been informed that John Glenn is slowing down a bit when it comes to providing autographs. I'm surprised it's taken him this long to start slowing down given the fact he's in his 90s. I have a first edition copy of We Seven, a series of personal recollections/reflections from the original Mercury 7 astronauts. My book is signed by Scott Carpenter, but I've always wanted to add John Glenn's signature to the book and I figured I'd better not procrastinate. I sent it off to Senator Glenn with a little bit of a pang since it's the only thing I have signed by Carpenter who passed away last year. I'm sure it will be OK, but it almost felt like sending a child out into the world. 





No comments:

Post a Comment