Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Fremont Street Redemption

Picture of the Day for 4/1/2014. Last year my niece Chantal and I visited Fremont Street, the original Las Vegas Strip. I HATED it. I LOATED it. Probably because there was an outdoor concert and about a billion people were squished into a two-block radius. And then there's the little matter of our near-encounter with a man who clearly meant us harm. Fortunately, we were able to dodge him.

Tonight Chantal talked me into going back to see the nightly light show that is projected onto the 90-foot tall canopy that extends 1,500 over the street. It was FABULOUS! I LOVED it. There were no crowds or scary thugs and I adored the 1970s-themed show! The following psychedelic* images were projected onto the canopy accompanied by The Zombies' "She's Not There." I unabashedly sang along.

*I attended elementary school in the early 1970s. I can still remember a decidedly un-hip school teacher trying to be hip by teaching us the current hippy lingo. That's when I learned the word "psychedelic."













No comments:

Post a Comment