Thursday, May 30, 2013

Spacefest V - Day 2 - Space Art

Picture of the Day for 5/25/2019. Today I helped ring up the art sales for the various artists who were selling/exhibiting their wares. This turned out to be a far more interesting job than I anticipated. The day just flew by and I had a lot of fun. It was pretty interesting to see what people purchased and, nosy woman that I am, how much they spent. For the past three years teen-aged students from a private school in Switzerland have attended Spacefest. This year, a lot of the students were from Russia. It was fascinating seeing Russian teenagers buying VERY expensive artwork. Even more interesting is how they will manage to transport the artwork on an airplane since the pieces they bought were quite large and shipping is only available stateside. Glad it's not my problem!



No comments:

Post a Comment