Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Dowdy Swimsuit

Picture of the Day for 5/20/2013. Last month in Las Vegas a miracle occurred. I found and purchased a swimsuit that fit well, was flattering, and I actually liked. Female readers of my blog understand that this doesn't "just" happen. This is a once-in-a-lifetime gift from the swimsuit gods. Not to be taken lightly. And trust me, I thought I treated this event with the proper gratitude and reverence, but apparently the swimsuit gods must not have felt properly propitiated since less than a week later some Delta baggage handlers searched (i.e., clumsily rifled) through my suitcase and lost (i.e., stole) my swimsuit. Damn. 

I'm leaving for Tucson shortly where I'll be staying at a resort that has beautiful swimming pools. I only had a quick hour to shop for a new swimsuit which is why I ended up with this rather dowdy grandma-appropriate swimsuit. It's sole virtue is that it fits perfectly. Sigh.


No comments:

Post a Comment