Wednesday, May 8, 2013

False Alarm - Literally

Picture of the Day for 4/28/2013. I accidentally left my house this morning without turning off the alarm system. Oops. I must have been seriously distracted to do so. My alarm company tried to reach me, but wasn't able to. They came over to the house to check things out and then called my sister Paula to let her know an alarm had gone off at my house. She tried to call me, but my phone wouldn't pick up which naturally alarmed her so she and my nieces Michelle and Corinne rushed over to the house. Just in case an intruder was lurking on the premises, they honked the horn as they pulled into the driveway and yelled out that they had arrived at the house. Michelle grabbed a snow shovel from the porch and brandished it as they made a circuit of the house. Paula tried calling me again and was able to get through. That's so weird those first calls didn't register since I'm tied to the hip with my iPhone (much to the annoyance of my family). I hurried home so Paula and I could walk through the house together. Since my house is messy right at the moment, she made the snarky comment that she wouldn't have been able to tell if anything had been disturbed since everything looked disturbed. She's allowed a snarky comment since she came flying to my rescue. 


No comments:

Post a Comment