Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Captain Steely Eyes Keller

Picture of the Day for 4/29/2013. A few weeks ago I blogged about how I'm on an email distribution list for a 90-year old retired test pilot/Air Force colonel (Scrappy Johnson) and how I enjoy an email he routinely sends out on Saturday evenings exclaiming, "It's Saturday night. Let's get drunk and be somebody!" 

Well, a couple of weeks ago I was able to meet Scrappy for lunch while I was in Florida and I told him how that email just tickles me. He explained that the origin of that expression came from one of his compatriots, Captain Steely Eyes Keller. Scrappy was nice enough to follow-up our discussion by sending me a picture of this guy. Scrappy told me to note in the photograph how Keller "conned that Lt. into chug-aluggin his drink, while he's standing there with a coke."


No comments:

Post a Comment