Monday, February 18, 2013

You Can't Possibly Be Right

Picture of the Day for 2/18/2013. My 13-year-old great-niece Hayley often instant messages me through Facebook. I find this to be utterly flattering since I'm 37 years older than she is. I received the following message from her last Friday. She totally had me hooked when she said I was fun to talk to.

I wasn't able to rescue her immediately, but she and her mother (my niece Chantal) and I went out to lunch the following day. We had a grand time chatting despite the fact Hayley kept vehemently informing me I was wrong- about a variety of topics! It totally made me laugh. She's a huge fan of Greek mythology and somehow there was a reason for me to mention that Diana was the Roman name for Artemis. She said absolutely not- no way could I be right. I looked it up on my iPhone and what do you know- I was right. Then we were discussing what a pancreas does. I mentioned that it produces insulin which regulates blood sugar. She said absolutely not- no way could I be right. I looked it up on my iPhone and what do you know- I was right again! 


Despite being at risk of being told I'm wrong about other yet-to-be-discussed topics, I'm looking forward to going out to lunch with Hayley again. It was a fun afternoon. Oh, and Chantal can come along too I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment