Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Infuriating Sentence

Picture of the Day for 2/6/2013. I just got done reading this novel. It is the first in a series featuring the character Charlie Moon- a Ute Indian police officer. As a Tony Hillerman fan, this type of book is right up my Native American culture-loving alley. I was really enjoying the book right until the very last sentence of the entire novel. The last sentence absolutely infuriated me!!!!

It's amazing how one sentence can make or break an entire novel. My all-time favorite novel is Wallace Stegner's Angle of Repose. It's not an easy novel to get through (despite being very skillfully written), but it's worth the entire journey to get to one sentence at the end that turns the whole story upside down and shifts your perception of the characters in a very interesting way.

1 comment:

  1. You're killing me with this one, Michelle. Since I'm unlikely to read this book, will you tell me what this infuriating sentence *says*???

    ReplyDelete