Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Trapped!

Picture of the Day for 1/22/2013. I headed out the door for an 8:30 am dentist appointment this morning to find that my garage door opener was broken. "No problem," I thought, "I'll just switch the lever so I can open my garage door manually." I was overly optimistic. The door would not budge and I wasn't going anywhere. At that point you can only go, "well, dang" and call a garage door repairman.

The guy who came out discovered the big coil/spring that raised the door up/down had broken away so violently that the track had broken away from the wooden beam to which it was attached. That's why I couldn't even open the door manually. He fixed the track/beam so at least we could pry the door open to allow me to get my car out of the garage. I'm no longer trapped, but I am waiting to see if a replacement coil/spring can be found. It's a very old opening system and the garage door is even older so that might be wishful thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment