Friday, May 25, 2012

Robbie's Prom Picture


Picture of the Day for 5/23/2012. My nephew Robbie recently attended a prom wearing one of my dad's suits. Robbie really is his grandfather Robert Merrill's doppelganger. Those two could not be more alike. The suit even fits Robbie like a glove.

Before leaving for his date, Robbie reached into one of the suit pockets and discovered one of my dad's omnipresent handkerchiefs. This made my sister (Robbie's mother) cry. It made me cry hearing about it. We still miss our dad terribly.

I'm sure my dad would have been happy to see Robbie looking so handsome in one of his suits. And, thrifty man that he was, my dad would have been pleased someone was getting some use out of his clothing.


(So Robbie- if you happen to read this blog entry, I know you're 18-years-old and all and I should really start calling you Rob, but I'm having a hard time making the transition. I'm your auntie so you have to cut me some slack.)

No comments:

Post a Comment