Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Corralling Socks is Like Herding Cats


Picture of the Day for 5/15/2012. I go through a lot of socks during the course of the week. (I'm guessing I don't really need to clarify that by "go through" I mean wearing a lot of socks as opposed to eating them.) I wear them while jogging or wearing my fall/winter/early spring uniform of dress boots (in addition to other clothing of course- I don't JUST wear boots and nothing else).

For the past few months, I've never been able to successfully corral all the socks and get them into the washing machine at the same time. I usually discover a single sock after it's too late to throw it into the wash (since I have a front-loading machine that locks, never to be opened, once a wash cycle is in progress). I swear it's like herding cats. I was congratulating myself this morning for finally getting all the socks into the wash when I discovered I had accidentally dropped this lone sock as I was carrying my clothes down the stairs to laundry room. Sigh.

Someday I will prevail and victory will be sweet. Someday...

No comments:

Post a Comment