Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Busy Day


Picture of the Day for 5/20/2012. Busy day! I started off visiting the Museum of Flying near the Santa Monica municipal airport.


The museum exhibits primarily focused on Donald Douglas, founder of the Douglas Aircraft Company (located in Santa Monica, CA) which eventually merged with McDonnell Aircraft to become McDonnell Douglas- a very famous name in the aviation industry.

I particularly enjoyed sitting in the actual cockpit of a retired 727 from the FedEx fleet and playing around with the controls. I had no clue what I was doing, but it was fun.



After the museum, I drove out to Brea, CA to spend the afternoon with my friend Jessica, her husband Ed, and her one-year-old daughter Leighton who is just learning to walk so of course she is unspeakably cute. Leighton was highly suspicious of me at first, but it didn't take long for us to become friends. I'm posting just a picture of Leighton since I suspect Jessica would kill me if I posted a picture of her (although she looks great in the photo I took of her family).


After my visit with Jessica and her family, I headed back to Los Angeles to see a Clippers basketball game at the Staples Center with my friend Ana and her boyfriend Eric. This happened to be a play-off game against the Spurs. It was a quite a spectacle and a real nail-biter as the teams were neck-and-neck the entire game. It was only within the last minute of the game that the Clippers lost ground and were unable to recover. With this loss, the Clippers are out of the play-offs. Dang.

No comments:

Post a Comment