Friday, May 11, 2012

9th Grade Science Fair Project


Picture of the Day for 5/10/2012. I just came across a rough draft of a poster from my 9th grade science fair project which focused on rockets. I guess I really was destined to be a space fanatic!

I can still see in my mind's eye the guy who judged my project. He was severely disappointed and disapproving that I had not built an actual model rocket, but it had never even crossed mind until he mentioned it. My mother was the one who helped me with the project and between the two of us we had zero rocket-making skills. I thought he was a little overly uptight about the whole thing since it was just a stupid little science fair entry. I had been rather proud of it until he gave me attitude.


I get a kick out of my syntax- "He used instead gasoline and liquid oxygen." I kind of sound like Yoda from the Star Wars movies. Not too auspicious for a woman who eventually grew up to be an English teacher for 10 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment