Sunday, August 28, 2011

Local Band Scene


Picture of the Day for 8/28/2011. My friend Mary's son is in a band called Folk Hogan so we (me, Mary, Kelly, Margaret) went to see them play at what has to be the seediest bar on the planet. Here are some observations about the evening:

1- Folk Hogan is great! Their music is kind of like bluegrass on acid.

2- The bar was soooo seedy that Mary refused to sit on any of the upholstered chairs or sofas. Can't blame her- who knows what fluids have accumulated in the fabric. Since seating was limited, I threw caution to the wind and sat on the chairs.

3- The band was scheduled to perform at 11:00 p.m., but didn't get started until after midnight. I can tell I'm getting older since I was soooo tired. We only stayed for a few songs before heading home.

4- Our buddy Margaret is a psychic of some renown. I was telling her about how my dad passed away last month. She asked if I ever had conversations with him. I indicated I was still shaking my fist at him for passing away. I'm so irritated that he left us. I also admitted that when I'm not reprimanding him, I do have the occasional one-sided conversation with him. She said she gets the impression he's trying to respond so I should pay attention to the thoughts that enter my head since it probably is my dad trying to communicate. I thought that was pretty interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment