Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Landscape Makeover - Part 3


Picture of the Day for 6/14/2011. Today was "tree trimming" day. I took a "before" picture of the English Walnut tree before the workers arrived this morning. I like the visual effect of the sunbeams juxtaposed against the branches.

I was given a heads-up that the power line to my house would be disconnected (see picture below) for a few hours this morning while the work was being done. A very good idea when there are tree limbs tangled up in the power line. I just didn't realize this would occur at 7:45 while I was in the middle of curling my hair and putting on make-up. I discovered that it had all gone really wrong for me when I couldn't get my car out of the garage because the garage door opener is powered by electricity. Although you can manually open the door, the latch is so old that I couldn't turn it. I ended up having to walk to my 8:30 a.m. dentist appointment this morning. Luckily, the dentist's office is less than 1/2 mile away from my house. Once I stopped being irritated, I figured the exercise was good for me.


When I got back to the house (and an open garage door thanks to my contractor), the tree trimming was in full swing. The man rigged to the tree (see photos below) said this was the largest English Walnut tree he's ever seen. I can believe that.


No comments:

Post a Comment