Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Astronauts are Orange


Picture of the Day for 6/3/2011. The astronaut autograph show commenced at Spacefest 3 today. I was able to acquire three additional autographs from Apollo astronauts for my moon poster which brings me up to a total of 17 signatures. Above is Rusty Schweickart (Apollo 9). Below are Tom Stafford (Apollo 10) and Dick Gordon (Apollo 12).



Apparently, my camera was on a setting that turned everything and everyone orange. My hair came out looking like it was flaming red. (That's me with my flaming red hair with Charlie Walker, a space shuttle astronaut.)

Unfortunately, I did not discover the problem with the color setting for a long time. Oops.

I'm serving as a volunteer at the astronaut autograph show tomorrow, but for today, I just got to be a regular attendee which allowed me to:
-Visit with the astronauts
-Browse the merchandise offered by the vendors
-Attend speeches by Bob Cardenas, Michael Cassutt (author and astronaut biographer), and Rick Searfoss (space shuttle astronaut)
-Attend book signings with Andrew Chaiken (author of A Man on the Moon upon which the HBO miniseries From the Earth to the Moon was based) and Chris Calle (space/astronaut artist)

It was a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment