Friday, June 10, 2011

No Hot Water


Picture of the Day for 6/7/2011. I arrived home from my trip to Tucson on Sunday night to discover that I had no hot water. It always seems like I come back from someplace swanky to be swatted upside the head with plumbing problems. It took me until Monday evening to discover the root cause- Questar had come by when I was out of town and installed a new gas meter. This required them to turn off the gas which couldn't be turned on again until I was home to let a technician inside the house. Unfortunately, I was too late to call for an appointment on Monday so I had to wait until today. All I've been thinking about the past two days is how I want to take a hot shower. In the interim, I heated up a pan of water this morning so I could take a spit bath. I kind of felt like I was hearkening back to pioneer times. I would have said Victorian times, but that would require me to have a lady's maid to heat the water for me. There's a dearth of personal servants in my home and I'm not a delicate flower so the pioneer description is more apt.

No comments:

Post a Comment