Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Papa Married a Mormon


Picture of the Day for 6/28/2011. I'm so excited! I've been searching for this book at my parents' house for years. It's one I used to read over and over when I was a young adult.* I had given up all hope of finding it, but it turned up in a dark corner of a bookshelf that I was cleaning out recently.

The author is famous for his Great Brain children's novels. This book is autobiographical and tells the story of his Catholic father and his Mormon mother courting, marrying, and raising a family in the wild west. The tale is full of adventure and humor. If you haven't read this book, I suggest you do so. I know you'd enjoy it. Just don't ask to borrow my copy! Now that it's in my possession again, I'm not letting it go.

I'm nostalgic for the days when I would read a book over and over again. Life is just too busy now for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment